The Academic Excellence Scholarships are the most prestigious and competitive scholarships offered at Boyce College. New Fall semester students may apply for these scholarships for their first year of study. Awards are based on high school academic achievements, an essay, and an interview competition.
Boyce College will award one full tuition scholarship to the top candidate and two $5,500.00 scholarships. Additional scholarships of $4,000.00 may be available based on the number of candidates. Each scholarship will be applicable towards tuition only for the first year of study at Boyce College. Each scholarship will be equally divided between the Fall and Spring semesters.
Applicants not selected will automatically be considered for the need-based General Scholarship.
- Student must have a minimum high school GPA of 3.75 (un-weighted, 4.0 scale).
- Student must be enrolled full-time (12+ paid credit hours).
- Student must be taking courses at the Louisville campus. Online students are not eligible to apply. Students taking both on-campus and online courses are eligible to apply if enrolled in a greater number of on-campus hours than online hours.
- Student must be admitted into a degree program. Non-degree seeking students are not eligible to receive financial aid.
- Student must maintain good academic standing for eligibility. Students on academic warning, academic probation, or disciplinary probation are not eligible to apply.
- Submit the following materials:
- Complete the College Board PROFILE and select “Academic Excellence” on the question asking for which scholarship you are applying. If you are not awarded the Academic Excellence Scholarship, then we will automatically process your Profile application for our General Scholarship.
- Complete the Boyce Academic Excellence application located here.
- Submit a 2- or 3-minute Video that introduces yourself to the Scholarship Committee. In the video, we ask that you answer the following: Who are you? Where are you from? Why would you like to be considered for the scholarship? Describe something you are passionate about.
- Submit a 1,000 word essay on the importance of Christian higher education.
- Submit an updated resume with professional, ministerial, and service-oriented involvement.
All portfolio materials should be uploaded when you complete the scholarship application listed above.
Students interested in applying and interviewing for the Boyce Academic Excellence Scholarships need to submit all the required applications and profile information by February 15 to be considered for the scholarship.
After all the final candidates are selected, selected students will be invited to an interview. The candidates will be notified via e-mail to schedule an interview. For the 2021-2022 academic year, the interviews will be conducted the weekend of March 19 and 20.
- Fall – February 15
*Please note: Not all applicants who meet the minimum eligibility requirements will be selected for The Academic Excellence Scholarships, as they are the most selective scholarships offered at Boyce College. All students not selected for The Academic Excellence Scholarships will automatically be considered for the General Scholarship. Boyce College students are eligible for only one institutional scholarship per semester; The Academic Excellence Scholarships may not be combined with other Boyce College scholarships or grants.