Different to on campus courses, majority of online courses are 8 weeks in length. This shortened format allows you to take classes more frequently while focusing on fewer subjects at a time. You are never too far away from starting your next online course!
|Fall 1 (FA1)
|Aug. 5 – Sept. 29
Monday, Aug. 5 by 4:00 pm (EST)
|Break Week||Sept. 30 – Oct. 4|
|Fall 2 (FA2)
|Oct. 7 – Dec. 1
Monday, Oct. 7 by 4:00 pm (EST)
|Dec. 2 – Feb. 2
Monday, Dec. 2 by 4:00 pm (EST)
|Christmas Break Week||Dec. 23 – 29|
|Spring 1 (SP1)
|Feb. 3 – Mar. 29
Monday, Feb. 3 by 4:00 pm (EST)
|Break Week||Mar. 30 – Apr. 5|
|Spring 2 (SP2)
|Apr. 6 – May 31
Monday, Apr. 6 by 4:00 pm (EST)
|Jun. 1 – Jul. 26
Monday, Jun. 1 by 4:00 pm (EST)
|Break Week||Jul. 27 – Aug. 2|
- Online courses are generally 8 weeks in length unless specified as a 16-week course (beginning FA1/SP1 and ending the final week of FA2/SP2)
- Language courses will always be run as 16-week courses.
- FA1 courses will begin one week earlier than the Fall on-campus semester.
- The online winter term (JA) will have 8 weeks of content, but span a total of 9 weeks due to a break week for Christmas.
- All student coursework must be completed within the 8-week term unless special circumstances have been discussed with professor.
- Students should plan for approximately 10 hours of coursework per week per 8-week course. The recommendation is to take two or three courses per 8-week term.
- Maximum course loads for fall, winter, spring, and summer remain the same. The maximum 19-hour course load for fall or spring can be divided between FA1 and FA2, or SP1 and SP2, which means students can take 3 courses in FA1/SP1 and 3 courses in FA2/SP2.
- Even though term lengths are shortened, each online course will count as 3 credit hours and will have typical tuition rates.
- The $250 internet fee is non-refundable after the first day of each semester. This fee is only applied once in the Fall semester and once in the Spring semester, not for each fall or spring terms.
- Withdraw passing/failing date will be at the end of week 4 in each term.
Q: Will language classes be 8-week courses?
A: No, language classes (Greek and Hebrew) will be 16 weeks in length.
Q: Do 8-week classes cost more?
A: No, normal tuition fees apply, except for the additional non-refundable $250 internet fee paid once per semester.
Q: Will 8-week classes be less work?
A: No, each course is still worth 3 credit hours and will require the same amount of work.
Q: How much time should I allow for course work per week?
A: For each course, you should allot approximately 10 hours/week.
Q: Why is the length of the winter term (JA) different?
A: There is one break week during this semester for Christmas.
Q: What are the final ADD/DROP dates for online courses?
A: Students must ADD an online course by Monday 4pm (EST) of the first week of the term. Students have until Friday 4pm (EST) of the first week of the term to DROP an online course. Students must contact Academic Records personally to ensure that they are added or dropped from said course.
Q: Will I be able to see course offerings for the whole academic year?
A: Yes, shortly! Check back soon.