Veterans Benefits

Using VA Benefits at Boyce College

The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary is recognized by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and is approved by the Kentucky State Approving Agency for Veterans Education (SAA) to offer VA Educational Benefits (GI Bill®) to eligible individuals enrolled in approved programs. Through the VA, entitled veterans may receive financial assistance for education at Boyce College, the undergraduate division of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.

In order to certify students for Veterans Benefits, the Financial Aid Office requires the following documents:

  1. VA form DD-214 (discharge papers; only needed if separated from military)
  2. Certificate of Eligibility (provided by VA after submitting VA form 22-1990 or 22-1995)
  3. Initial Disclosures (choose appropriate form): Undergraduate Students; Seminary Track Students
  4. Military Training Transcript (Air Force: here; All other branches: here) (Joint Services Transcript Instructions)
  5. SBTS Veteran Certification Request Form to be submitted each semester**

Documents can be emailed to, faxed to 502-897-4031, or brought to our office in Norton 153.

**We highly recommend submitting the Veteran Certification Request Form at least one month prior to the opening of billing in order to receive tuition benefits prior to the payment due date. During peak financial aid seasons please allow for two weeks processing from the time your request is submitted to the Financial Aid Office.

For specific questions regarding benefits, please contact the VA at 1.888.442.4551, or visit the GI Bill® Web Site.


How to Get Started With VA

Eligible Veterans are encouraged to apply with the VA using their online application. This will allow you to submit your application electronically for the fastest response. Below are the paper forms that may be submitted in lieu of the online application.


Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E)

Qualifying students should contact their VR&E counselor and notify Financial Aid of eligibility. VR&E students must complete the Veteran Certification Request Form each semester that they intend to use their benefits to request certification.

For specific questions regarding benefits, please contact the VA at 1.888.442.4551, or go to online.


GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at